Target Sale Prices Ending in 4 are at Final Mark Down
By Chad Upton
If you find a great clearance price at a Target store, pay attention to the final digit in the price. Often, clearance prices end in 4 or 8. But, the 4 is the most important one to remember – if it ends in a 4 then it won’t be marked down any further and if it ends in anything else then it can be marked down further.
The number in the top right corner of the price tag is the % savings.
Waiting for a future markdown is a bit of a gamble since someone else may buy the item in the meantime. Knowing the markdown schedule can help you determine the right time to buy:
- Monday: Electronics, Kids Clothing, Accessories, Books, Baby and Stationery
- Tuesday: Women’s Clothing, Pets, Food, Domestics
- Wednesday: Diapers, Lawn/Garden, Furniture, Men’s Clothing, Health and Beauty
- Thursday: Toys, Housewares, Luggage, Lingerie, Sporting Goods, Footwear and Decor
- Friday: Cosmetics, Automotive, Jewelry and Hardware
If the item is in a department that is scheduled to be marked down the next day, you may want to check back if you’re in the area.